Saturday, April 30, 2022

Part of day 37 / part of day 38 - Alon Hagalil to Shibli (13th February, 2022)

 

I awoke early in the morning in Alon Hagalil and started walking




I soon reached the underpass under road 79 which was flooded, so I crossed the road instead (thankfully there were traffic lights to cross at)



I stopped soon after at a conveniently placed table for a morning coffee


The path soon led to Rabbi Yehuda's tomb 



with some good views of the surrounding area




The path went through the arab village of Mesh'had


I had a za'atar pita and drink for a break in an olive grove just after leaving the town.


The path soon led into Nof Hagalil (the new-ish name of Nazareth Illit).


The path through Nof Hagalil went along the edge of the town with views of the neighbouring arab towns






before leaving the town. There was a small trail to see the Nazareth Iris (unfortunately the wrong time of year so nothing to see), and then down towards Mt. Devora.


The climb up Mt. Devora was not too strenuous



and on top is a monument to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip.


There were good views of the next major landmark on the way - Mt. Tabor, with more views on the way.





It was already getting late so I finished my walking in Shibli at the base of Mt. Tabor



before getting buses back home

No comments:

Post a Comment