Saturday, April 30, 2022

Day 36 / part of day 37 - Isfiya to Alon Hagalil (12th February, 2022)

 After spending the night at the campsite, I was awake fairly early and set off at around 7:30


After literally a few meetings, I came across one of the libraries inside a box. What made this more frustrating was that the previous night, I entertained myself by reading the map, not realizing there was a library only a few metres away. I took a book to read later.


Along the way there were lots of cyclamen flower (rakefet), and signs of feral pigs (things they had dug up).


There was a relatively steep descent down Mt. Carmel until I arrived at Kibbutz Yagur. It was a Saturday which I guess is horse day at the kibbutz - the place was filled with horses and kids.



The path continued out of the kibbutz and through Kfar Hasidim for what felt like a long time.


After leaving the town, the path went higher again with some more great views over Haifa, with Kibbutz Yagur in the foreground.








I'm not sure how this car ended up here (far from the road)




I took a break in Zubaydat for some delicious pastries


The path soon led to the Tzippori river, where there were a lot people enjoying the river and the good weather



At the Hanezirim mill (monk's mill), there was a bridge to cross the river but with a locked fence. Apparently, the other bridge was gone.  I was told that the river is not that deep (indeed kids were sitting on chairs in the river). I decided to ask the people by the locked fence (who look after the mill) - they said no, but after asking a few times and promising to continue walking straight away they let me go past. The path soon led to a small spring (Ein Ivka - the horses' spring) - where there was someone selling delicious stuffed cabbage leaves



I continued walking through the bedouin village of Ka'abia


and the forest nearby.


where there were horses roaming freely.



I finished the walk for the day at Alon Hagalil, and camped there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment