Saturday, April 30, 2022

Part of day 34 / Day 35 - Ofer lookout to Isfiya (11th February, 2022)

 

After many rainy days, I finally found a few days without rain forecast to keep walking. I started the day from home with a bus via Petakh Tikva


followed by a coffee and a short walk up the hill


to rejoin the trail near the Ofer lookout. 



From here, the path soon led to Nahal Me'arot. When I arrive at around 9:30, the site was still closed, so I continued on my way.






There were some nice views out to the ocean along the way.


as well as lots of cows who were not particularly happy to leave the path (but eventually moved out of the way).


The next stop was Ein Hod, the artist's village. Already on the way in to the town, there were some nice sculptures along the way.






including lettersboxes with miniature figures.


I took advantage of the break at Ein Hod for a delicious morning break (at the Yanooki cafe).


This was one of my favourite sculptures!


There were more great views of the Mediterranean as I walked through the Carmel mountains


and some caves along the way




I also passed an old spring



I stopped in the Druze town on Isfiya for a snack, and continued on the way to the campsite



I arrived at the campground (including toilets and water) a little before dark, once again I was the only one sleeping there, but the night was fairly peaceful. I heard but did not see any feral pigs. Unfortuntely, I forgot to bring a book so before falling asleep tired after the long day, I entertained myself by reading the map (I wanted to save my phone battery!)































































No comments:

Post a Comment