Saturday, April 30, 2022

Day 39 - Tzomet Gazit to Kinneret (21st April, 2022)

I left home early again (during the pesach break) and after three buses arrived back at Gazit junction, with Mt. Tabor in the backround.


After a coffee stop at the petrol station,


the path soon following the Tabor river, there were quite a few other people out walking




After a climb, the path led to "Ein Olam" (Olam spring)


There were a bunch of other people here also, after the hot morning walk, I lowered myself through the hole into the surprisingly deep spring (getting out was harder than getting in!)


The path soon led to the "halalit" (spaceship) and the first stunning view of the kinneret (Sea of Galilee)


After a break to enjoy the view, I started heading down



Aparently A.D. Gordon (the zionist thinker) used to wander around here (he is often in my thought because the street next to ours is named after him)



The walk down was a little challenging in parts (also because of the heat!)



In the early afternoon I arrived at the Jordan river. As it was Pesach break, the place was packed with people





I took a break at "Rob Roy" in Kibbutz Kineret (which we visited a few times for their Friday afternoon kabalat shabbat music performance)


went past the currently empty Yardenit baptismal sight



and headed towards Tzemach beach for the night (about 2km away). Unfortunately once I got there, I found out that camping is no longer permitted (I had camped there a few months before when doing the bike ride around the kineret). So I walked back to Kibbutz Kineret, followed the Israel trail until Moshava Kinneret, and then headed to the Zinabbery beach (where thankfully camping is allowed) and found myself a place to camp in a not-too-noisy area.



No comments:

Post a Comment