Saturday, April 30, 2022

Day 40 - Kinneret to Migdal (22nd April, 2022)

 

I was up at around sunrise for some great views over the kinneret before heading off. The forecast was for hot weather (30+) so I wanted to get started early.





After a moderately strenuous climb (which I was happy to be doing in the cooler weather), I reached the Poria spring, with some great views over the kinneret.







The path went through a forest (which I visited a few months ago)


including some nice views of parts of Tiberias





The path soon led to the upper part of Tiberias, where there was a gradual descent. The city was very quiet (probably because it was part of Pesach holiday, and Tiberias is a relatively religious city)


After grabbing a snack at the petrol station (for some reason I had been craving pesach pastries, satisfied by a kosher-for-pesach apple pie), the path went through Mitspe, and soon passed by Kfar Hitim. This section was very overgrown with spiky plants, I was happy to get past it! The ascent continued with more views of the kinneret


before reaching the top of the Arbel mountain and the national park.



I took a rest at one of the view points and had lunch (trying to cool down in the hot weather, enjoying the shade put up by the national park).




I soon started the descent, taking a quick detour to see the fort (unfortunately closed due to safety / renovations) and some of the caves where people escaped to numerous times in history.


The descent was pretty quick


and before long I arrived at Ein Nun (Nun spring). Although the water was cold, submerging myself (it was not very deep) was amazing on such a hot day


I looked for a place to camp by the kineret and found a small beach next to the Selina hotel where a few other people were also camping.


After a quick dip in the kineret, I set up my tent.



My tent. While there were only a few other people there who didn't make much noise, the bar at the hotel next door made a lot of noise. Thankfully not too late they switched to music without words which combined with the exhaustion at the end of the day I managed to sleep through.


No comments:

Post a Comment