Saturday, July 27, 2019

Day 20/21: From Arad to Forester's house (Yatir)

Note: the day numbers are from the red book (Israel national trail: Saar & Henkin)

I set off early and took the train to train to Beer Sheva (via Lod, shown below), and then a bus to Arad


I walked back past where I finished last time, and the sign showing the two halves of the Israel trail


After a short walk through Arad, the road just turns into the desert (where the trail continues)


The landscape was pretty flat initially


After a while I walked past a field of wheat (it was nearing the end of passover, I was tempted . . . )


I later reached Arad park. I met a couple also walking on the trail in the same direction.


I left soon to continue walking, it was mostly already very dry, but there were a few flowers around



I stopped for a lunch break at Tel Arad - we stayed here (camping) a few years ago. I enjoyed being able to fill up water and buy an icecream (unlinke most of the previous part of the trial).


The path went by some Bedouin encampments



including a camel tied up (who did not look particularly happy)





You could still see Arad in the distance



Coffee break!


Eventually, the landscape changed to forest, as I entered the Yatir forest




I had planned on staying in Amasa, but the room for hikers was already full, so I decided to push on (start of day 23) and find somewhere to camp in the forest


I ended up near to the Forester's house, where there was water (and other people!)


After dinner I had an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment