Saturday, July 27, 2019

Day 21/22: Forester's house (Yatir) to Kibbutz Dvir

I set off early after packing up my camp


The walk through the forest was quite pleasant, with lots of shade




We came a few months ago to the forest for a walk, somewhere close to the trail



There were some nice terraces that looked like they had been restored


and a Bedouin encampment right next to the forest (with lots of sheep wandering around)


and lots of butterflies!


I stopped for a break next to this fire-spotting tower. There were two men from Beer Sheva sitting there - they invited me for coffee and stories about the area (in particular about the different trains that used to run)


Next to the tower, there was a memorial shaped like a piano


I stopped for a lunch break near Meitar. As I left  then after leaving the forest, the trail went right next to the (ugly) separation fence


I walked past the settlement of Sansana (I will admit that I had to check on wikipedia to work out which side of the green line it was on)



The old entrance road to Sansana was turned into a basketball court!


I continued along to Kibbutz Lahav


As you reach the kibbutz, there is some sort of lake, with a weird art installation (I think. . . ) consisting of toilet bowls and mannikins. I took a break outside the kibbutz (and appreciated the strategically place shade, table, and bench which made a good place to lie down for a few minutes)


I continued on in the direction of Kibbutz Dvir, through a nice national park



I passed and peeked inside the aptly-named Palm tree cave


There were a few more up and down climbs (described in the red-book as a "roller-coaster type hike"






The sun was close to setting when I finally arrived very tired at Kibbutz Dvir. The trail angel at Dvir told me that I could stay in the hiker's room (*thanks!*), the shower and bed were much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment