Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Day 19: Be'er Efe to Arad

I set off early in the morning, eager to start walking and warm up





The walk today went through Nahal Kanfan. The red guide book warned about a hiker who was seriously injured on one of the rocks on the way, so I was extra careful, and there were a few challening parts on the way. There were also a few small pools of water left.




There was a stark change in the scenery as I left the wadi. After I started smelling food and coffee, I soon walked past some Bedouin encampments, including camels!




From the peak of Mt. Kina, I started the descent towards Arad, which was already visible. There were some great views on the way.





The final gentle ascent on the day was in a wide wadi following the road into Arad, unfortunately with a fair amount of rubbish probably washed there following the rain.




I finally made it to Arad, considered the mid-point of the Israel trail! As it was a Saturday, there was still a few hours until the buses started, but a generous couple on their way home from the dead sea gave me a lift most of the way home



No comments:

Post a Comment