Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day 31 / part of day 32 (21st September, 2021): Tel Aviv port to Metzukay Yam beach

My wife dropped me off at the Tel Aviv port so I got a nice early start (around 7:10). The day followed the coastline for nearly the whole day, a lot of it on the beach.




The trail soon passes the reading power plant


and the (closed) Sde Dov airport



After passing the Tel Baruch beach in Tel Aviv, the part soon led to Herzliya

Not sure what the connection of 42 to the boat is . . . 


The path continued along the beach, I stopped for a swim near the Sidna Ali beach





I'll admit I was surprised to see the Sidna Ali mosque by the beach in Herzliya


The path soon went past the Appolonia national part - at this point, the path was mostly sand and hard going in the hot weather


The path went through a sculpture park, including this one. Not sure what the message was supposed to be


The trail continued through the Sharon national park - I too the small detour via the red trail, which lead to stunning views of the Mediteranean sea



From the top of the cliff, the views were great!


It had rained slightly a few days before, and the metal wires to guide you where to walk dripped rust on the sand


I rejoined the trail and followed it back down to the beach (briefly), before it heading back up






There were some wild blackberries on the way, which made a good snack!




There was some tiring walking through Netanya - the two sights it went past require different weather (Argarmon iris reserve - wrong time of year, winter puddle - also wrong time of year). The path eventually led back down to the beach (It was sukkot holiday, and Netanya was very, very quiet)

The last part of the day I walked along the beach, after taking off my shoes (quite pleasant after a long day walking). I stopped to observe the  great sunset views:







I finished the day at the Metzukay yam beach (with a chocolate icecream)


No comments:

Post a Comment