Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day 30 (1st April, 2020): Tel Afek to Tel Aviv

 

With the lockdown finally over, I took the train to Rosh Ha'ayin North train station. While Tel Afek is relatively close, there was no easy path to get there, so it took me about an hour to finally get back to Tel Afek (there is a closed railway station - Rosh Ha'ayin South right next to Tel Afek).

The day basically followed the Yarkon river from its source all the way to Tel Aviv (where it meets the sea)



As the path follows the river, it is extremely windy






The trail passed by lots of scenic spots by the river, including Lea house (in ruins)


as well as an old flour mill



There was a lot of walking in paths beaten out from reeds






Eventually, the path arrives in Tel Avi in the Ramat Hahayal neighbourhood and follows a paved path. It felt incongruent to see scooters around (I was tempted).


and I stopped by for an Ice americano at an Aroma next to the trail


The trail continues to follow the Yarkon river to Park HaYarkon 




I finished the day at the bridge of the Ayalon freeway (which I cross by train on my way to work)



No comments:

Post a Comment