Thursday, October 8, 2020

Day 28/29 (7th October 2020): Mitzpe Chen (Hirbat Regev) to Shoham industrial park

 I followed the same procedure as the previous day: I left my bike at Mitzpe Modiin in the Ben Shemen forest, and walked back to Mitzpe Chen (Hirbat Regev) where I finished the previous day.


The path was through the Ben Shemen forest, some of it with a lot of trees, other areas with less.
This photo includes the moon (which always looks much bigger in person)







I walked back to Mitzpe Modiin. Just before arriving, I passed a pagoda given by Thailand to Israel. Unfortunately locked behind a fence.



At Mitzpe Modiin there is a manned fire lookout tower - it was hot and dry, so good fire conditions (but thankfully no fires while I was there)



There was also information stands about the next segment



After crossing under the road and walking some more, I reached Tel Hadid, with similar view to Mitzpe Chen. From the signs, I saw that my university (Tel Aviv University) is involved in the ongoing dig.



The airport is close by, although I did not see any planes landing or taking off (due to the COVID-19 lockdown there are very few flights)


From here, the path followed the #6 road, eventually going under the raod




After a short while, the path led to the Shoham industrial park, with enormous factories.


and a statue of the Bamba baby (Bamba is most Israeli children's favourite snack - peanut flavoured) 



After a break for an icypole (never tasted so good!) and to buy some cold water, I headed back for my bike.


I realized I went the wrong way through the Shoham forest (looking at the wrong map on my phone), but on the way back went the right way,  including past beautiful mosiacs in a church. that was recently excavated







I sweated my way back to my bike and rode home, making just in time for sunset. Hopefully the next stretch won't require walking each segment twice!



No comments:

Post a Comment