Thursday, October 8, 2020

Day 28 (part) (5th October, 2020) - Latrun to Mitzpe Chen

 I did this day's walk during the 2nd COVID-19 lockdown. According to the regulations, exercise by yourself is permitted, so being (relatively) near to Rehovot, I rode my bike (~18 km) to approximately the mid-point of the day's hiking, walked back to the start, and at the end of the hike walked back to my bike (i.e. I walked each part twice),  then rode back home. Despite the lockdown, there were quite a lot of people around.

I parked my bike near Mishmar Ayalon and walked towards Latrun (through some fields, mostly not on the trail)


Near Latrun I passed this forest for unborn (i.e., aborted) children. Not sure what I think about this.


I arrived back at the Laturn junction where I finished last time, with a nice view of hte monastery. 


The start of the path goes past the Latrun tank museum (closed at the moment because of the lockdown)



There was also a route map close to the museum



I headed towards the #1 road (Tel Aviv-Jersualem), past a water reservoir 



After following the highway for a while, the path went under the road


The path ran near the railway to Jerusalem, with some nice train bridges




There was a nice lookout in memory of Moshe Saya, including water, a large swinging chair, and a place to cook. 




After passing my bike, there were warning signs telling you to be careful of holes (admittedly there are a lot of holes in this area)


The path went close (eventually right next to) the Patei Modiin industrial area


Up on the hill, there are lots of archeological remains (Hirbat Rehes), such as this burial site (empty)


While I ate lunch, this dragonfly kept me company (hard to catch in a photo)


More remains at Hirbat Rehes


I finished my walking at a site with a great view all the way to Rehovot and Tel Aviv (Mitzpe Chen)



I turned around and headed back mostly the way I came, got some strange looks on the way from a cow


and made it back to my bike, which was thankfully still there!





No comments:

Post a Comment