Saturday, October 6, 2018

Day 14: From Sde Boker to Mador night camp - 20th September, 2018

Just before Sukkot I managed to get back to the Israel trail, I was hoping that the weather would have cooled down, but it was still hot (maximum of 30 degrees for the 3 days I was walking). After an early start (left home at 6:00), getting the train to Beer Sheva (the photo is of sunrise at Lod station on the way), and a bus to Sde Boker, I got started at around 9:00.


The first part of the day was walking back to where I finished the previous day, after the descent from Hod Akev.


I could see Hod Akev (the biggest peak) in the distance as I walked down the 4x4 road


The day was relatively uneventful and not too hard, with no significant changes in height, just very hot




There was very little shade during the day, so I hung around for a while under a small acacia tree in a dry river bed.






I reached the campground pretty early (around 3pm), and sat in the shade drinking coffee and reading my book (Darwin's origin of species). It was the first time I was all alone in a campground - after leaving Sde Boker I only saw one couple in a jeep during the whole day. After the early morning start, I was pretty exhausted and was already asleep by 8:30pm (after watching the moonrise).







No comments:

Post a Comment