Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day 8: From Nahal Barak night camp to Sapir - 10 October, 2017

I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 to get an early start (still dark out).


I managed to head off at 6:30, back on the part of the track I walked the day before after getting a little lost . . .



The walk for the day was mostly parallel to the Arava road, but behind the towns along the way. I met some bikers and some families in 4x4s (cake, cookies and water were much appreciated :). The walk was nice, but no big highlights like the canyons from the previous day.







The path went past the ruins of the Nabatean site of Moa. It was a little underwhelming, partly because there were no signs explaining what anything was (apart from one saying that it is under renovation)




An Oasis I walked past



I was feeling pretty exhausted by the end of the day but decided to push on to Sapir. It took longer than I thought, mostly because I was very tired by this stage.



This was where I left the Israel trail to walk the 2.5 km to the Arava road



Next to Sapir there were lots of these birds, waddling along




I made it to the Arava road as the sun was setting, to wait for a long bus ride back to the center. Unfortunately, it will probably be a few months until I can continue on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment